Integrated Media Buyer
Communica seeks an experienced media buyer to serve a growing roster of BtoC and BtoB clients. In this position, you will work with clients to develop strategies and tactics for new and traditional media components, define budgets, negotiate with national and global media partners, and coordinate efforts with multiple departments within the agency.
Headquartered in Toledo, Communica is a 30-year-old integrated marketing firm fusing its deep roots in brand building and design to create sustained growth, with an expert understanding of the buyer’s journey across digital and offline landscapes to drive sales. By bringing together the best thinking and execution across both, Communica delivers highly strategic, creative solutions that help businesses grow. With offices in Toledo, Columbus, Detroit and Charlotte, the company serves a broad range of national and international clients across industries and has been named one of North America’s top business-to-business agencies 10 times.
Research, negotiating and procurement of media for assigned clients, assisting other members of the media team as needed.
• Conduct, compile, and organize buy research and specifications for assigned accounts
• Research and recommend promotional and new media opportunities for client’s buys
• Develop media buys for assigned accounts as well as potential accounts
• Develop and send out and follow up with insertion orders and traffic
• Provide material specifications and deadlines to AE’s/Production Dept.
• Negotiate added-value programs as well as sponsorships for clients
• To assist other members of the Media Team with media research projects or planning
• Be available for brainstorming and input sessions
• Prior knowledge of broadcast, print, out-of-home media buying
• Digital media planning/buying – programmatic, SEM, social, video a plus
• Excellent communication skills (written and verbal). Workable presentations skills
• Basic mathematic skills
• Organized and attentive to details.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office and Strata Buying Platform (preferred).
• Service oriented.
• Flexible; able to handle multiple priorities, constant change, and last-minute requests.
• Hard working; willing to do whatever it takes.